Your account already exists. Please login first to continue managing your settings.
Kuwait Energy has made a new oil discovery at the Ahmad-2 well, located in the Area A license in the Gulf of Suez, Egypt, adjacent to the Shukheir North West field, the company announced.
The well encountered oil in the Rudeis formation for the first time in the Shukheir North West field and Ahmad area, and initial tests showed a production flow rate of 1,300 b/d, according to a news release. This is the fifth exploration success in the Area A concession, and the 19th discovery in Egypt for Kuwait Energy since 2008.
Kuwait Energy is the operator of the Area A license under a service agreement with Egypt’s General Petroleum Company (GPC). Kuwait Energy holds a 70% working interest in the license, and the remaining 30% interest is held by Petrogas E&P, of Oman.