Your account already exists. Please login first to continue managing your settings.
The Berangan-1 well in SB303 Block, offshore Sabah, Malaysia, is the third gas discovery in the region by Lundin Petroleum.
Berangan-1 is a vertical well drilled to a depth of 1,709 m (5,640 ft) in approximately 70 m (231 ft) of water. The well penetrated a gross gas column of over 165 m (545 ft) in the target mid-Miocene aged sands 10 km (6 miles) to the southeast of the Tarap gas discovery made by Lundin Petroleum and 15 km (9 miles) to the south of the Cempulut gas discovery, both made in 2011.
An extensive data acquisition program was completed, including fluid samples and a pressure profile indicating a single continuous gas column is present and defining the probable gas-water contact. Further work will follow to estimate recoverable resource ranges.
Following Berangan-1 the West Courageous rig will move to offshore peninsular Malaysia to execute a three-well exploration campaign, commencing with Merawan Batu-1 well in the PM308B block.
Lundin Petroleum holds 75% interest in SB303 through its subsidiary Lundin Malaysia BV. Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. owns the remaining 25% interest.