Your account already exists. Please login first to continue managing your settings.
Lundin Petroleum AB has completed the Merawan Batu-1 exploration well in Block PM308B offshore Peninsula Malaysia.
The exploration well targeted hydrocarbons in Oligocene aged sands in a faulted anticline in an undrilled area 50 km to the west of the Janglau oil discovery made by Lundin Petroleum in 2011. The objective reservoirs were successfully penetrated but proved to be water-bearing. The well will be plugged and abandoned as a dry hole.
The jackup rig West Courageous will now move to drill the Tembakau prospect in Block PM307.
Lundin Petroleum holds 75% interest in PM308B through its subsidiary Lundin Malaysia BV. Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd holds the remaining 25% interest.