Your account already exists. Please login first to continue managing your settings.
Senex Energy Ltd., as operator of the PEL 111 joint venture in the South Australian Cooper basin, has cased and suspended the Snatcher-6 oil appraisal well after successfully intersecting over 10 m (33ft) of gross oil column, the company reported.
The Snatcher-6 appraisal well was drilled as a deviated well to intersect the mid-Birkhead formation reservoir 166 m (545 ft) northeast of its surface location. The well was spudded July 30 and reached a total measured depth of 1,885 m (6,184 ft) on Aug. 8.
Wire line logs confirmed the presence of a 10.5 m (34 ft) (vertical thickness) gross oil column in the Birkhead Formation over the interval 1,774.8 m (5,823 ft) o 1,785.8 m (5,860 ft) (vertical depth) with interpreted net oil pay of 5.2 m (16 ft) (vertical thickness).
Snatcher-6 is the first well of a continuing appraisal program of the Snatcher oil field as part of the exploration and appraisal campaign for the 2012/13 financial year on the western flank of the Cooper basin.
Ensign Rig 48 is now moving to the Tomcat-1 exploration well location in PEL 111.
Senex holds a 60% interest in PEL 111 and is the operator of the joint venture. The remaining 40% interest is held by Beach Energy Ltd.