Exclusives - Exploration
Show By Region:
- March 26 2014 - Exploration
The oil and gas industry is expected to drill 206 exploration wells in the country this year.
- March 21 2014 - Land & Leasing
Results of latest sale show various factors could be at play in companies’ spending decisions.
- March 19 2014 - Regulations
Atwater Valley, Mississippi Canyon and West Delta blocks generate most interest.
- March 18 2014 - Regulations
Egyptian oil companies hope the country’s untapped riches will lure foreign investment.
- March 17 2014 - Exploration
Exploration efforts have slowed in the potentially oil-prone area.
- February 28 2014 - Regulations
The preferred alternative appears to support geological and geophysical activity with some exceptions.
- January 28 2014 - Regulations
More than 2,500 whole or partial blocks are being offered during the new round.
- January 13 2014 - Land & Leasing
The company has bought a 40% interest in two UK shale gas licenses.
- December 26 2013 - Geology & Geophysics
The area holds about 2.6 Tcm (85 Tcf) of technically recoverable resources in hydrate form.
- December 20 2013 - Reservoir Evaluation
Statoil lowered the resource estimate for the Johan Sverdrup oil discovery and delayed the start of production by about a year.