Exclusives - Exploration
Show By Region:
- February 28 2014 - Regulations
The preferred alternative appears to support geological and geophysical activity with some exceptions.
- January 28 2014 - Regulations
More than 2,500 whole or partial blocks are being offered during the new round.
- January 13 2014 - Land & Leasing
The company has bought a 40% interest in two UK shale gas licenses.
- December 26 2013 - Geology & Geophysics
The area holds about 2.6 Tcm (85 Tcf) of technically recoverable resources in hydrate form.
- December 20 2013 - Reservoir Evaluation
Statoil lowered the resource estimate for the Johan Sverdrup oil discovery and delayed the start of production by about a year.
- December 19 2013 - Land & Leasing
Countries with shale oil and gas include Algeria, Libya, and South Africa.
- December 12 2013 - Land & Leasing
After the acquisition of a 20% stake in the gas-rich offshore Area-1 block in Mozambique, India’s state-run oil and gas companies are now chasing hydrocarbon assets in neighboring Tanzania.
- December 2 2013 - Land & Leasing
The deal is valued at US $1.3 billion.
- November 27 2013 - Exploration
Active players include Ophir Energy, which spudded a high-risk frontier well Nov. 27.
- November 18 2013 - Regulations
The country has identified more than 60 blocks for a round in January 2014.