About the Role:
My client an oil and gas operator has an immediate need for a Drafter to support the Facilities Operations Engineering Dept. for a 12 month contract in Midland, TX. This position would suit a CAD Technician, Drafter/Draftsman/Entry Level Designer with oil and gas experience from the Midland, TX area. This company has great plans for growth over the next few years. This is a GREAT opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Job Title: Drafter
Business Unit: Facilities Operations Engineering
Reporting into the Facilities Operations Engineering Manager you will be responsible for
* Preparing clear, complete and accurate detail drawings from detailed mark ups, sketches and/or notes under direct supervision of the Engineers.
* Create "as-built" drawings of existing facilities (plot plans, PFDs, P&IDs) based on site visits or hand drawings from engineers/operations
* Assist operations and engineering to create brownfield drawings for tie-ins / expansions (proposed plot plans, PFDs, P&IDs, Isometrics)
* Assist in developing equipment lists from drawings
* Generate red-line drawing updates supporting construction/maintenance activities
* Anticipate moderate facility and construction site visits to generate and validate drawings (10-20%)
* Minimum of 3-5 years upstream/midstream drafting or related experience
* Desirable Associates/Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
* Upstream facilities and experience conducting onsite visits highly preferred
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Desire proficiency in Visio and AutoCAD
* Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment, have strong written and oral communication skills, in addition to being able to organize, prioritize and coordinate simultaneous activities.
* Local candidates preferred, but not essential
* Willingness to travel to field assets
Proposed start date: May 2017
Contract Length: 12 months- Strong possibility of extension
Location: Midland, TX - with travel to assets New Mexico (once per month). Per Diem and accommodation provided for travel.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week (8am-5pm)