About the Role:
* Experience in fixed equipment, maintenance and design and have knowledge of commonly used design and fabrication codes as well as post construction specifications for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and process piping.
* Preparation of high quality engineering packages (both turnaround and running maintenance) to ensure the reliability of the plant and the safety of employees. This includes:
o Repair packages (both emergency, Turnaround and routine maintenance)
o Improvement packages
* Prepare Material Requisitions for smaller single discipline jobs (e.g. Heat Exchanger bundle replacement).
* Provide improvement recommendations to plant reliability through innovative engineering solutions that resolve root cause of problem.
* Packages must be in accordance with applicable industry standards (e.g. ASME SEC. VIII Div. 1, B31.3, API 530, API 650) and follow the E&RE Mechanical Engineering package standard as well as the applicable Syncrude standards.
* Some experience using mechanical design tools for static equipment (such as PV Elite, CESAR stress analysis, CodeCalc etc.) to support design verification is a plus.
* Perform "field Checks" as required to verify field configuration/field measurements.
* Participate in development of Equipment Strategies related to Fixed Equipment
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Eligibility for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGA) as Engineer in Training or a Professional Engineer.
* Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in Major Refinery or Upgrader
* Must be self-motivated, team oriented, good communication and interpersonal skills, proficient in computer literacy and have troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.