Friday, April 21, 2017 - 1:54am
About the Role:Job Overview:
Superintendent is responsible for the day to day activities of the General Forman, Forman and the craftsman. This includes planning of piping installation activities, staffing of department needs to support schedule, development of construction installation schedule working with the site planning/scheduling department, managing safety for all employees within their respective discipline and daily coordination with the safety department to insure company safety requirements and culture are adhered to daily by all workers, ordering labor, equipment and tools to support scheduled installations.
- Supervise craft crews to ensure completion of the work to schedule, quality and specifications,
- Carry out all activities of Safety to ensure all company personnel adhere to safety requirements and that a safe work place is provided for all personnel,
- Coordinate arrangements between craft personnel and subcontractors to provide appropriate work site access to all parties,
- Ensure the allocation of construction work hours to relevant cost codes and prepare weekly construction progress reports to measure actual versus planned progress for all phases of the direct construction work,
- Ensure work completion in accordance with the latest revision of issued for construction (IFC) drawings, specification, Request for Information (RFIs) and other project design information,
- Provide timely completion of Punch List Items,
- Work daily and weekly with the project control team for planning and scheduling installations to meet the project milestones and objectives.
- 10 - 15+ years heavy industrial/construction mechanical and piping installation experience to include large/small bore and instrument piping systems and supports, equipment setting.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry's most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.