About the Role:
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking for a Project Director join our UK Project Management team in Reading & London operations. The candidate must have a proven track record managing large scale Upstream Offshore FEED and EPC projects.
In the role, you'll lead and execute project scopes comprising multi discipline teams for a variety of International and National Oil Company customers.
The right candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently with demonstrable leadership qualities. Sound technical knowledge coupled with leadership and decision making skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets. The individual will have the ability to confidently deliver projects on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
* Provide overall direction and leadership of assigned project functions
* Drive culture and demonstrate commitment to HSSE leadership
* Assist project acquisition and business wining activities as required
* Develop and implement project execution strategies to meet client needs to their satisfaction
* Be accountable for project outcomes
* Demonstrate the highest standard of business ethics and compliance with core values and behaviours
Skills / Qualifications
* Engineering degree qualification
* The successful candidate will have multiple years' experience in the Process plants industry and of this we would expect there would be at least significant experience as a Project Manager and as a Project Director
* Must have previous experience of executing and the Project Management of FEED's with it being desirable to have worked on FEED's or EPC of Upstream facilities
* Proven background in project management
* Previous experience of managing all stages of projects from initial conception, through design, right through construction, installation and commissioning
* Proven track record in leading multi-discipline engineering teams
* Commercially astute and understand the different approaches required to managing lump sum and reimbursable work
* Have a broad technical knowledge of our business