About the Role:
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has a requirement in our Equipment Engineering group for a Senior Materials Engineer. In this role you will become a valuable, well-rounded member of an experienced team, with responsibility for materials issues and deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for a professional with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects of all sizes from small studies to large Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts.
* Material selection and specification
* Preparation of project standards and specifications in the fields of welding, fabriction, non-destructive examination, cathodic protection and corrosion control
* Evaluation of fabricated equipment for compliance to Project materials and welding requirements
* Investigation and resolution of materials and fabrication issues
* Providing advice and guidance on material and fabrication issues
* Ongoing development of knowledge and experience of materials, corrosion control and fabrication of Pressure Systems Equipment, such as Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Storage Tanks and Piping
Degree in Materials Engineering or similar discipline
Chartered Engineer or actively working towards achieving Chartership status
Experience in the Process Plant industry
Experience with the following is an advantage: ASME codes ASME II, V, VIII, IX and B31, stainless steel (in high and low temperature applications), Cr-Mo alloy steels and low alloy Ni-steels, Cathodic protection applied to buried piping systems, Welding and fabrication of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks or piping, Lining and coating systems and Non-destructive examination techniques for welded joints
Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. With pro-forma 2014 annualised scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 people in more than 55 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets. Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.