About the Role:
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior Piping Designer SP3D with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
* Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as identified in the Functional Competencies as necessary on their appointed project
* Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with correct procedures
* Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc
* Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
* Adhering to Amec Foster Wheeler engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
* Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed area
* Gained engineering experience in the process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a contracting company
* Project experience of working in a variety of projects including grassroots, brownfield and revamp types
* Sound knowledge of pipe routings and development aspects and phases of plot plans including understanding of other piping design skills such as stress analysis, specifications etc
* Experienced in working with large teams
* Experienced in using intelligent CAD systems for various types of projects
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 35,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2016 revenues of £5.4 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, power and process, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.