£0 to £0 Per year
Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 9:47am
About the Role:Vehicle Test Engineer
Charge are a new cutting edge electric vehicle technology company with a fresh, innovative start- up culture providing opportunities to grow and develop. We are developing a radical concept of electric power technology, focused primarily on commercial vehicle applications and we are the Official Electric Truck Partner of the FIA Formula E Championship, supplying electric trucks at events around the world.
Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and focused Vehicle Test Engineer with experience within an automotive environment to actively co-ordinate the planning processes for systems testing and manage the whole vehicle testing from Prototype through to production. We are looking for passionate individuals to drive delivery and optimise quality
As our Vehicle Test Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop & Co-ordinate vehicle test plans in line with prototype vehicle & systems completions to ultimately meet production start dates
- Whole Vehicle Testing & Systems Testing administration
- Working closely with specified test houses to facilitate the desired level of testing for certification and validation.
- Liaise closely with Homologation, Project Managers and the engineering team as appropriate to contribute to the successful completion of the agreed compliance, legal and H&S quality standards
- Contribute to the delivery of projects and take ownership for specific responsibilities as requested
- Manage test schedules and timings and to proactively trouble shoot vehicle and systems technical issues as appropriate
- Contributing as required to whole vehicle performance, durability, driveability and fuel economy testing, homologation, vehicle evaluation and vehicle fitting.
- Lead the installation and management of test instrumentation
What we are looking for
As our Vehicle Test Engineer, you will of course have a Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering as well as a high level of competence and practical application experience within the automotive industry with proven expertise within whole vehicle and system level testing environment. Experience within an EV environment would be ideal and you must have proven experience with data analysis and reporting
At Charge, we are looking for individuals with strong organisational and analytical skills with a proactive ‘hands on approach’ to their work. You will be flexible with the ability to multi task several projects and also work within a changing environment and to manage changing priorities. Naturally, you will have excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills with the ability to forge quality relationships.
If you feel you have got what it takes to be our Vehicle Test Engineer, we would love to hear from you!
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.