Exclusives

The availability of dual-fuel engines and dedicated natural gas engines has created more fuel options in the oil patch.

The company’s newly released 30-year energy outlook anticipates major gains in developing nations.

Construction of Blue Ocean Drilling’s jackup units is underway at China’s Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding yard. (Source: Blue Ocean Drilling)

Blue Ocean Drilling is set to make its market splashdown in 2016 with new rigs and new approach.

The company plans to more than double its oil and gas production from overseas fields in four years.

Two of the key players on the GoM’s conventional shallow-water shelf have shown there’s plenty of life in the play yet.

Completion

Delta 2 is the 10th project in Statoil's fast-track portfolio to be completed.

The lawsuit, filed in Washington federal court, follows a petition by the groups to the regulator in 2012 seeking a rule that would require oil and gas companies to disclose such pollution to a government database.

The New York state Health Department said fracking for natural gas can’t be done safely, dooming prospects that Governor Andrew Cuomo will allow the extraction process after a six-year-moratorium.

Experts talk about the sector’s past, present and future.

The largest problem facing hydraulic stimulation in Australia is Earth stresses—a rarely regarded problem.

Drilling

Talisman is the operator for production license 672 in block 15/12 in the central North Sea.

Oil rigs working in the Gulf will increase by more than 30% this year compared with 2014.

The well will be drilled about 6 km northwest of the Aasta Hansteen Field in the Norwegian Sea.

Oil companies from Statoil to Russia’s OAO Rosneft are cutting investment plans, in particular high-cost ventures in areas like the Arctic, after prices fell 60% from June to January. 

The government made shale and offshore exploration a priority amid a failure to make significant discoveries of conventional oil in recent years, Bloomberg said. 

Enhanced Oil Recovery

First oil is planned for late 2019.

Coreflooding measures the effectiveness of water or gas injected into an oil-bearing rock sample to displace oil. This can be used to assess the potential for water flooding in an oil field, BP said in a news release.

The NRG Energy and JX Nippon Oil & Gas project aims to turn waste into revenue using technology.

Better chemical formulations and lower cost, advances in laboratory analysis and higher oil prices are making chemical EOR more economically viable.

Field Development

The five-year alliance expects to provide companies a solution across the U.S. GoM, Mexico, Brazil, the North Sea, Mediterranean and West Africa.

After being recovered by the Esvagt Aurora, the person involved was sent to Hammerfest Hospital with minor injuries.

Subsea 7 has won a contract from Woodside Petroleum for the Persephone development.

The field will provide more than 10% of Statoil's production by 2020, and more than 5% of its oil and gas output.

Williams Cos. Inc. owns the controlling interest in Williams Partners LP, which owns 60% of the Discovery system and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners LP owns the remaining 40%.