About the Role:
The Change Management Lead will deliver the following categories of work as directed by the Backbone C&T Manager, Western Hemisphere:
* Communications & stakeholder engagement planning & execution.
* Change Impact Assessment (CIA) action monitoring & closure.
* End User Landscape (EUL) and Role Mapping development, change control and maintenance.
* Training delivery administration.
* Lessons learned capture and review.
* Project plan adherence, reporting and feedback.
Required Experience, Education and Qualifications
* College degree, preferably in business, engineering or equivalent.
* 5+ years' experience working in enterprise projects, project management and change management.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, able to lead by influence and comfortable working in very large, complex teams with a degree of ambiguity.
* Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Superior organizational skills and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to learn and move quickly with focus on project delivery, not project strategy or re-designing deployment approach.
Desired Experience, Education and Qualifications
* Experience leading small project teams.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
* Change Management training completion and/or certification.
* SAP knowledge working with Materials Management, Procure to Pay, and/or Work Management Processes
* Data management and analysis skills. Advanced experience working with MS Excel and/or MS Access to include macro programming in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). These are desired skills to help the team with building better deployment tools.
* Local, Houston-area candidates only.
* Limited travel for short duration (1 week-ish) to UK.
9/80 Work Schedule?
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.