About the Role:
Based in Billingham you will report to the QHSE Manager and be responsible for HSE advice and support to the management team, engineers and consultants at our North East, Humberside and Grangemouth Offices.
The role will involve occasional travel to these and other customer site locations.
The ideal candidate will possess a NEBOSH General Certificate and be working towards or have recently gained their NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health. As a member of IOSH at TechIOSH level you will be looking for the next step in establishing your career in health, safety and environmental management.
The following areas of expertise would be advantageous:
* Sound knowledge and application of risk assessment techniques, particularly in the oil, gas, chemicals and power sectors.
* Experience of implementing management systems to ISO9001, ISO14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001.
* Familiar with office related HSE requirements e.g. fire safety, first aid, workstation assessment etc.
* A good working knowledge of the CDM 2015 Regulations with particular emphasis on the role of Principal Designer.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of hazards and controls relating to confined space entry and work at height.
* Ability to deliver effective HSE training and communications.
* Experience of / willingness to work offshore
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft''s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the Data Protection Act 1998. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of manging your application.