About the Role:
A global client of mine are currently looking for multiple Mechanical Design Engineers for a large Refurbishment project on a combined heat and power system in the North of England.
Job description / tasks and responsibilities:
* Liaison with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers.
* Participate in both internal and external design meetings, technical reviews, HAZID and HAZOP studies.
* Review and Approval of Design Engineer and Graduate calculations and drawings.
* Review and Approval of Design Engineer and Graduate technical documentation.
* An ability and willingness to manage, mentor and assist the development of Design Engineers and Graduate Engineers.
* The responsibility for attending major project kick-off meetings, leading the projects forward and briefing supporting engineers.
* Liaison/ define boundaries with other services as Electrical Design, Network design, Control system.
* Project document control & management in line with the company Quality Management System.
* Operate within and adhere to the company Health & Safety policy and procedures.
* CEng Chartered Engineer status and engaged on a programme of Continual Professional Development.
* At least 15 years of experience in a relevant field, including at least 3-5 years in a similar role.
* A thorough working knowledge of relevant CIBSE Guides, British Standards, BSRIA, IGEM and other industry authority publications.
* An understanding of the Construction & Design Management Regulations 2015.
* An ability to size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
* Experience with the creation and detailing of Bills of Material for plant equipment, valves and instrumentation.
* An ability to size and specify major plant such as boilers, CHP engines, pumps and heat exchangers.
* An ability to manage the departmental operation, resources, budget, programme and employees.
* An attention to detail and a high standard of verbal and written skills.
* A keen interest in combined heat and power (CHP) installations, district energy networks and energy saving technology.
* A natural aptitude for undertaking engineering calculations, analysis and problem solving.
* An interest in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, energy transfer and stress analysis.
* Ability to find and propose solutions to internal / external clients
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: Negotiable (DOE)
If you are interested in this role or know anyone who might be please forward your most up to date CV ASAP and I will be in touch to discuss further. Alternatively you can give me a call on +44 (0) 207 324 1910 to find out more.
***********AS ALWAYS REFERRALS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED***************
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.